Big Sean’s “Hall of Fame” is rated #SG
Track by track, I have left you guys with my initial thoughts as I listened for the first time…raw and real. But I must say…the more I listen, the more I love.
1. Nothing Is Stopping You: Inspiring story of how he came to be and the importance of paying it forward. This is a melody strong tune…something like a lullaby to soothe the weary thoughts of those striving to make it to the ‘Hall of Fame.’
2. Fire: Solid Album track. More of his story but “Hey Big Sean, where is the chorus?”
8. Mona Lisa: “Oh really Big Seany Sean…” Nice club banger, I feel like I’m at Greystone on a Sunday. Very Meek Mill-ish.
9. Freaky: …*Oh Gawd*
11. Sierra Leone / Greedy Ho’s: Sexy tune, grown. Big Sean could have smoothed it out a lil more. “This song belonged on Wiz Khalifa’s last album?” The skit felt like a skit from a 1990’s rap album. Nailed it.
12. It’s Time (Feat. Jeezy & Payroll) “Who said put Jeezy on this song? You my friend deserve a bonus. FIRE, don’t know whether to dance or mean mug. Boss-like behavior here.”13. World Ablaze (Feat. James Fauntleroy): “Listen to the entire song. You will be glad you did.” Beautifully told. Go Big Sean!
14. Ashley (Feat. Miguel): “This is some superstar ish right here, WELL, WELL done Sean, well, well done–I anxiously awaited each word, I just wanted to know what was next, what would he say next? Miguel, thank you…you’re far too kind.”
15. All Figured Out: You don’t get the album until you take in this song. This ties together the entire concept. He is wise. Enter into the ‘Hall of Fame.’ Inspired.